Dental implants are artificial roots designed to fill the gap created by missing teeth. The implant works just like a natural root and is positioned in the jawbone where it will fuse with the bone. Typically, dental implants cost less than other options for replacing missing teeth.
Dental implant surgery is a safe, cost-effective treatment for tooth loss. Dental implants are an ideal solution for people who have lost one or more teeth due to injury, disease, or decay. By replacing missing teeth with dental implants, you can regain your health and self-confidence — as well as the ability to chew and speak normally.
In general, dental implants may be right for you if you:
- Have one or more missing teeth
- Have a jawbone that’s reached full growth
- Have adequate bone to secure the implants or are able to have a bone graft
- Have healthy oral tissues
- Don’t have health conditions that will affect bone healing
- Are unable or unwilling to wear dentures
- Want to improve your speech
- Are willing to commit several months to the process
- Don’t smoke tobacco