The first 48 hours after whitening treatment are important in enhancing and maximizing your whitening results for a long-lasting, bright and healthy smile.
For the next 48 hours, dark staining substances should be avoided, such as:
- Coffee / Tea
- Tobacco products
- Mustard / Ketchup /Soy sauce
- Red Wine
- Berry pies
- Red Sauces
- Avoid Lipsticks or anything that would stain a white shirt
Suggestions of white and clear foods you may consume for the next 48 hours:
- Milk, water, clear sodas
- Bananas, apples (no peel)
- White bread, flour tortillas
- Oatmeal, cream of wheat
- Plain yogurts, white cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese
- White rice, baked potato
- Plain pasta and white sauce
- Turkey, chicken breast (no skin), and white fish
Additional ways to maintain your sparkling white smile:
- Avoid staining related habits
- Use an automated toothbrush, we suggest Sonicare
- See your dentist for dental hygiene care to maintain oral health, keep staining to a minimum, and determine the need for whitening touch-ups.
- Practice good oral hygiene including thorough tooth brushing, flossing to remove debris from between the teeth, and tongue cleaning.
You may also experience some tooth sensitivity during the post-operative period. If you have any sensitivity or the sensitivity is severe, take 600mg of Ibuprofen (3 tablets of regular Advil or Motrin) every 4 hours as needed for pain. Brushing your teeth with desensitizing toothpaste, such as Crest Sensitivity, Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief, or Sensodyne, for the weeks following the procedure is strongly recommended.
Please contact the office with any questions or concerns at (682) 237-2353.