- The patient cannot eat within hours of the appointment
- If the patient becomes ill, call to reschedule
- There is no guarantee Nitrous Oxide will be effective
- Vital signs may be monitored with a pulse oximeter
- Risk of serious side effects exists but is very small
- Vomiting may occur if the patient eats too soon before the appointment. Vomiting creates the potential for aspiration, a serious respiratory complication. Therefore, no food or drink less than 4 hours before the appointment.
- All dental team members are trained to handle an emergency
A separate fee is charged for each Nitrous Oxide appointment. Many insurance companies may not cover this expense, if that is the case, you will be responsible for this fee.
Kindly give us at least 48 hours’ notice if you are unable to keep your appointment.